Do you work in the insurance markets? If so, here are 7 reasons why you should be reading an insurance news magazine.
1. Your industry is one of the most competitive in the business world, and it's a good bet that your rivals will be reading a relevant trade publication. By not doing the same, you risk being left behind.
2. The sector is subject to a number of changes throughout the year, with ground-breaking developments frequently impacting on the sector. By reading insurance news, you can react quickly and appropriately.
3. Success in the insurance markets is as much about planning as it is about your current performance. By reading a publication that brings you details of the latest trends, you can prepare for what's ahead.
4. If you're based in London, you may benefit from knowing what's happening elsewhere in the world - especially as those markets can have a big impact on the sector.
5. If a big story breaks, many good insurance market news magazines will cover it in more detail. That may include analysis, comment from experts, statistics and much more. That means you know how it's going to impact on your business.
6. If you work in one specific area of the industry and feel your knowledge of other parts of it are not up to scratch, such as underwriting news, reading the relevant trade press can help bring you up to speed.
7. Whether you're a rival company or someone looking to progress in their career, it can be useful knowing what mergers and acquisitions are taking place in the sector. Having a good overview of the industry's landscape could prove extremely helpful.